In the era of the Coronavirus
Germinal Knowledge has gone "online" !!
Our certification "Artisan of Peace" is now streamlined and fully obtainable online.
There are two parts to the certification:
- ValExp qualification: ValExp is a psychometric instrument that explores your personal values that determine your behavior: communication, leadership, negotiation, influence and conflict management. Go here for more information.
- Conflict Mediator qualification:Learn to be a catalyst in the resolution of interpersonal conflict with emphasis on conflict in the workplace.
What does this mean?
Well, basically it means that anyone can learn to put the process in place and help others resolve their conflicts without special training as a professional mediator.
Sounds interesting, but how does it work?The Mediation Process:
Here is how it works. The conflict mediation process, the world over, looks like this:
- Meeting with the contact person from the organisation to try to identify the problem.
- Meeting with each of the disputants to try to identify the problem (yes, it's hard to pin down), hear their side of the story and explain the process.
- Three person meeting with the two disputants and the mediator (or "catalyst" in case of the third party being one of our non-professional trainees)
During this three-person-meeting, the disputants actually solve their problem with the help of the mediator (the mediator is specially trained in interventions).
If the third person is a "catalyst" and there is no successful resolution of the conflict, the catalyst calls in a professional mediator.
Now, in our new training, you learn how to play the role of the catalyst. Our training uses the book by Dr. Dana which you can download here.
Other continuing education possibilities for the graduate of Artisan of Peace:
Mediator Certification / exercise sessions (after lockdown)
Personal supervision of you as a mediator
Seminar in legal issues of conflict mediation in the workplace